For the first time in five years, I went back to Canada. My family owns a house up there—one that my great-great-grandfather built in the 1860's. It's on a little island off the coast of Cape Breton. Everything about it is beautiful.
![]() |
| The Cap Auget lighthouse. |
![]() |
| Blowing in the ever-present wind. |
![]() |
| Right as I took this, my dad threw a rock at me. He didn't miss. |
![]() |
| Lighting candles. |
![]() |
| White. |
![]() |
| Growing on the rocks. |
![]() |
| The fog rolls in. |
![]() |
| Five smooth stones. |
![]() |
| Sitting on the windowsill. |
![]() |
| Sunset on Little Anse. |
![]() |
| Canada is rather green. |
![]() |
| The view I had while painting the deck. |
![]() |
| "Wait, the light will come." A back staircase in the church that my ancestors attended. |
![]() |
| The breathtaking view on Little Anse. |
![]() |
| I believe we named this "Kidney Beach." :) |
![]() |
| Tulips. |
![]() |
| Lots of "grasses" on the island. |
![]() |
| Irises. |
![]() |
| An "artsy" shot of our house. |
![]() |
| I kind of liked these tulips. |
![]() |
| Lonely little sailboat. |
![]() |
| Rustic. |
![]() |
| Quote of the week: "do you like rocks?" |
![]() |
| Greenness. |
![]() |
| Writer's paradise. |
![]() |
| Favorite shot of the trip. |
It was a good trip. I can't wait to go back. Oh yeah, we have a website! Check us out at: http://www.flydesignstudio.com/arichat/home.html


























